Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Norse Gods Birthday Blogfest

Hei hei, y'all. Velkommen to the Nors Gods Birthday Blogfest. 

Fellow Norse writer Siv Maria Ottem has a double whammy today --she's celebrating a birthday and a book birthday. Secrets of the Ash Tree released today on Amazon, and it stars one of my favorite Norse goddesses, Freya. Siv asked me to celebrate with her by sharing my favorite Norse God, but I have to confess -- there's no way I could choose just one. Of course I'm partial to Thor -- he once dressed as a bride to save his beloved Mjolnir, and by the way have you seen Chris Hemsworth? ;) And there's a particularly soft spot in my heart for his stepson Ull, the God of Winter. (You can get to know him in Elsker or over on Twitter @ullmyhr.) Tom Hiddleston may have swayed me over to Team Loki once or twice. And don't get me started on the goddesses . . . a warrior Goddess of Love who rides into a battle on a chariot pulled by cats (Freya)? A Goddess of Beauty with hair made of actual gold (Sif)? That absolute genius, Idunn? 

That's the awesomeness of the Norse myths -- each character is complex, fascinating, and even more tantalizing than the last. So what about y'all? Do you have a favorite Norse god?

Happy double birthdays, Siv!

1 comment:

  1. I had to go with Loki; but my moods are as mischievous as his and I'm apt to chang my mind with a good story :)

    ..........dhole

    ReplyDelete