Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Day I Met Alexander Skarsgard

Oh. My. Odin.

This actually happened.


I’m SO EXCITED!!!

It’s no secret that I picture Alexander Skarsgard when I write Elsker’s Norse God of Winter, Ull.  He’s tall. He’s gorgeous. He’s Swedish. He’s a great dresser.  I mean, what’s not to love?

So when my uber-awesome and crazy-well-connected friend told me Skarsy would be a guest on Conan, I grabbed a copy of Elsker and a pen, obsessed over what shoes to wear (I went with four inch nude heels), took a slightly insane journey, and crossed my fingers.

And then this happened.


HE SIGNED MY BOOK! 

He pointed to the title and said, “That’s Scandinavian.”  And I nodded like a bobblehead. Because when your imaginary character comes to life in the form of Alexander Skarsgard holding your very own book that you kind of wrote about him, you have no words. 

And then he said, “Ah, love.” (Elsker means love in Norwegian, which is like kissing cousins to Swedish.)  And I nodded again and maybe babbled something incoherent about it being about mythology or something that betrayed my very clear blondeness and ginormous crush. 

Some more words were exchanged (spoken words on his part, howler monkey like squeaks from me), and then HE SIGNED MY BOOK!  He wrote “Love,” then drew an arrow to “ELSKER” and signed his name. 


(See that little arrow he drew from "Love" to "Elsker"? He's so cute!!!)

And bless my heart, I didn’t fall over. Victory! My goal for the encounter was to not fall over. Being charming or witty or even just coherent was obviously going to be out of my reach.

It was hands down, without a doubt, one of the very best days ever.  I honestly don’t know how things could possibly get better than this.

And having just met Vampire Eric, and being on the lot and all, Elsker and I made one more stop.  We swung by Merlottes, where I tried not to weep openly at being in the very spot where Sookie Stackhouse and the extremely good looking Vampire Eric play. 


A HUGE thank you to the VERY awesome guy who made this happen.  I. Love. You. And I will bake you waffles every single day for the rest of your life.    



ps - Alexander Skarsgard is not affiliated with Elsker in any way. He does not endorse it, and is not involved in its marketing. He is quite simply the Swedish dreamboat who inspired my Norse god. ;)

27 comments:

  1. Squee! I'm so excited for you. What a great experience and he recognized the word Elsker, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hei Hei Jente, Squeeee! I love love love this! Amazing! Awesome! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, y'all! Thanks for squeeing with me! The best day ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best story!! What a fantastic moment for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome story! And that's so awesome he signed your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! And I'm so jealous! My biggest celebrity crush ever. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! ST! This is beyond awesome....there are no words for this....Major hugs to you for having the guts to do this. You rock, girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! That is amazing! And he not only signed your book, but now he knows about it! You have major guts. Kudos to you, ST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words fail me, ST. I don't know how you stayed conscious through that meeting. One look at him in that blue shirt and I would have swooned. :) Nice to hear that he was so sweet to you and willing to pose for photos AND sign your book. You did tell him that you WROTE the book, right?

    I love visiting movie/TV sets and would have totally freaked over seeing Merlotte's (Fangtasia would have been cool, too.) Was Merlotte's on the same lot as Conan's?

    Congrats on getting to meet your beloved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo! I'm fanning myself over this and I wasn't even the one meeting him! Congrats, ST! That is just all sorts of amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you freaking kidding me!!? This is amazing! You lucky woman!! I can't believe he signed your book and wrote "love" in it! :) :) What a wonderful day. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome! Congrats.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squee! Thank you so much for being excited with me ladies! You know Tracie, I don't think I managed to explain that I wrote the book. I think the sentence went something like "hee hee please sign hee hee hee book. Gobbledy gook. Hee hee." He probably thought I just whipped whatever I was reading out of my bag and shoved it at him. I can say with absolute certainty that I looked like a drooling fangirl. Not a confident author. ;)

    Y'all are so awesome for swooning with me! Thank you so much!!! Now can you help me rip my eyes away from these photos for five minutes to go do laundry and dishes? I am useless today! Wait, one more peek at that gorgeous face...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not squee. But it is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is awesome! Amazing you got to meet him and he signed the book for you! Such a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You could have asked him to play ull in the movie.version!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the second picture, you look like you are about to burst! Although it is to know that even amazing published authors are turned into squeeling fangirls in front of the gorgeous Skarsgard :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww! How nice of him. And he's uber adorbs :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I started fan-girling just reading this! How exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Y'all are so kind to get excited with me! Isn't he just dreamy? Sigh. So excited for True Blood Season 6 tomorrow night! Who else will be watching?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this post on Tumbler. It was the reason I bought and read the book. Because I only read part of the post I didn't realize you we're the author. You got to meet Ull! How fantastic for you. Alexander Skarsgard is exactly who I pictured when I read the book. I can't wait for the next one. I am counting down the days until it comes out!!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much Kelly. You made my night! I'm so happy you liked it! And doubly glad you pictured Skarsy as Ull. Mmm, Skarsy... ;)

      Delete
  22. ROFL - that is an awesome story! (Yes, I'm coming to this party late, but that's the story of my life!) :)

    Now... I just wish it had my version of the cover! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can track him down together. :)

      Delete
  23. this post has so much win! and i'm so jealous but your post was so cute... my jealousy is taking a back seat. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Momo! It was an AWESOME day. He's just so pretty. *sighs*

      Delete