Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Girly Book Blog Hop: Locations

Hei hei!
Hvordan har du det?
Welcome again to the Girly Book Blog Hop, hosted by 
Read on to find out about the 
amazing prizes offered this time around,
Including a $5 Amazon Gift Card and a Fabulous Grand Prize.


Today we get to write about locations.  
I'm so excited to introduce you to one of the locations from ELSKER! 



 I found Nehalem, Oregon, during a drive along the 
Oregon Coast.
We'd stopped at a drive-thru coffee hut, so I got the chance to look around while we waited.




The town had one main road that doubled as the highway,
One stoplight that hung from a wire across the road,
And 250 residents.


I loved it on sight.
And I immediately pictured Kristia Tostenson living there.  




The real star of Nehalem is Wanda's.  
(Click the link.  Go ahead!  You know you want more Wanda's!)
It's a coffee shop that happens to serve the best omelette I've ever had.
And the best mocha I've had in a long time.




A drive through Nehalem might unveil some hidden treasures:


Plus it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from Goonie Rock.


The whole town can be covered in an hour.  
But it stuck with me, and I can't wait for you to get to know it too.
More importantly, I can't wait to go back to Wanda's!

Okay, now for the prizes.  Enter below to win a $5 Amazon gift card:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Click HERE to enter to win the Grand Prize package,
And be sure to visit the linkys below for loads more prizes.
Cheers! 


24 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to New York one day..
    -Karina V

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of where my parents live in a small town in Louisiana. I'd love to eat at Wanda's!

    My dream is NYC and it will happen this year!

    One of my fave places here in Guatemala is Antigua. It's old coblestoned streets and beautiful church ruina on every corner get me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! It looks like such a serene place. ~Amal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some "Wanda's"! Great post, and I can see why Nehalem inspired you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see Quebec and the Maritime Provinces!

    vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to go and visit Hogwarts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to either Alaska or Australia. Both look beautiful and are places I have always wanted to see. Thanks so much for the great giveaway!

    Best wishes,
    Marlena
    charmedpoms(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, I'm dying to get to Hawaii. I *need* to get comfy in a hammock on the beach and read for hours in the warm sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scotland.That's it in a nut shell.
    r.d1@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to visit Ireland and Scotland. Maybe someday.
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to go to Wanda's for an omelette and some mocha! I've always wanted to visit Oregon. My boyfriend lives in Seattle so perhaps a road trip is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, ST! Nehalem looks like a really intriguing place. (Although I can't believe Wanda's prices! They're right up there with San Francisco prices.) Elsker sounds an absolutely fascinating read. Love the blurb. Congrats on your upcoming launch and thanks so much for participating in the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it ere only one it would be Sweden, because that's where my family heritage is. My Dad used to say he wanted to retire in Oregon, he loves it so much. Instead, they alternate between Arizona, Florida and Mexico. I think I would prefer Oregon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post. I loved seeing all those small-town treasures!! You do have to wonder who named Goonie Rock and how the name stuck. Had a wonderful visit. So glad you participated in this hop. It's been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe. I loved seeing that abandoned car covered in brambles or ivy. And what a great name for a rock, Goonie Rock. Thanks for sharing these pix with us, ST!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want to go to iceland and visit the hot springs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to visit New Zealand and Japan sometime (relatively) soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goonies rock that was a cool pic (and movie), my 11 year old loves the movie..

    Italy

    Thanks
    BeckeyWhiteATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok. I want an omelet and coffee. ;) My grandmother lives in Oregon and I've wanted to visit for a long time. I remember, as a kid, it being so nature-y and lush and green and just beautiful and quaint. Winding roads and so many trees... Great location for a book!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to visit Russia. I am not picky, anywhere in Russia would be great.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to go to Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like to visit Australia and New Zealand, for real, anywhere is good fictionally.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! I've been past the Goonies rock several times but never really paid attention to the little towns around there. I love Oregon in general, so pretty there. And anywhere near the ocean works well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What I lovely place, thanks for sharing. I once went to a wedding in Bend. Took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete